Surging idle and stalling after rebuild. HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also do your TPS readings reflect accurately on the scantool such as at no throttle and WOT

Reaction score
I checked the TP Sensor angle and when idle it is at 0%, and at 3000 RPMs it reaches 12%. Is this correct? Also, the voltage it showed was 0.55v at idle and up to 1 when I was giving it gas.

Grams per second at idle was 11.5

When I checked the counts for the IAC it showed 0 counts and my scanner also had an option of recommended counts and that was around 280 at idle and rose as I gave it gas but the actual counts stayed at 0. I pulled it off and plugged it in and the pintle seems to extend.

Last edited:

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm.. The IAC being at 0 means the pintle is fully seated and not allowing air to bypass the throttle blades. Not ideal if you want to idle.

Maybe we should look into the IAC some more. I'm not familiar with the scan tool your using but post up some more data on the IAC if you can.

1. In park what's the desired Vs actual IAC counts

2. In drive, (foot on brake) what's are the actual and desired IAC counts.

3. Are you able to command the IAC open and closed with your scan tool? If so, make sure the commanded position and actual are the same (or very close).

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3