Subwoofer in Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Can be done, JL Audio sold a replacement console 'stealthbox' for these trucks out of textured fiberglass which is discontinued.

If using a stock console, you are going to have to reinforce the inside of it with fiberglass, and are going to be limited to an 8-10" driver due to the volume of the console and the physical size of the driver.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I built one for my daughters 2008 Ram 1500 4 door. It came out good, and we put a 15 in it. 1000 watt amp I think, bridged. I don't have any pics though. We just removed the OE console, and built a custom one out of MDF.

ferns_aye

Reaction score
Just got a 50 inch light bar, curved and im trying to find some brackets for them. I got the universal brackets but i dont want to drill holes through my roof. Anybody know where i can find some that go in the door jamb?

ferns_aye

Reaction score
im sure you can just wire a speaker inside your center console! its just like wiring a speaker anywhere else, seen it done before!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
im sure you can just wire a speaker inside your center console! its just like wiring a speaker anywhere else, seen it done before!

I am sure what you propose is not a good idea. I will just leave it at that.

Eric1998

Reaction score
I had two ten inch JL Audio W6's in my console.
Turned out nice.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like Michael said, if you're talking about actually using the factory console and keeping the factory look, it's going to be involved to say the least. If you're talking about removing the center console and building a new one, things get a lot easier.