Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I don't know much details about this car ... I know that the gearbox is like you said - 4L80e and in the rear axle I have a G80 differential lock ... I have nothing at the front (only a winch under the bumper hahaha).

And why diesel have pretyy bad reputation ? "Grandfather" of this engine was installed first time into Humvee - so it can nt be a piece of sh**t.
It's not a junk pile of an engine when it had the mechanical injector pump. It became a nightmare to owners with the introduction of the Stanadyne electronic pump. I remember having to push these things off of the friggin' transport because they wouldn't start due to pump issues. Brand frickin' new and aint even on the lot yet they were trouble.

PanGadzet4x4

Reaction score
Hmmm I heard many scary stories... But my 6.5 have no any problems (and I hope that stay...). Only one thing what I did on the beginning - I move PMD from engine close to the fender....

Now my problem is with 4WD.... I have a rear... But fornt not... Steering panel is ok - replaced by new - Dorman, the same solenoid in front diff... And every time after few minutes light a lamp 4WD Service... And work only my rear... Hahaha it was a terrible in last weekend when on the village on mud road with small angle guy with KIA Sorento have to help me and my Americano - because rear wheels was sliped.. and front does not worked....

Last edited:

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the millitary-spec version HMVEE actually still runs the 6.5TD, or up to recently it still did at least...
I'm certain you're right because I worked on the 6.5 in those as well when I was in the military. I'm almost 100% certain that they are using the mechanical injector pump still because they never had the same issues that the civilian world did in the mid 90's on up.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm I heard many scary stories... But my 6.5 have no any problems (and I hope that stay...). Only one thing what I did on the beginning - I move PMD from engine close to the fender....
That was definitely a good move on your part Maciek.

You must be registered for see images attach

PanGadzet4x4

Reaction score
I'm certain you're right because I worked on the 6.5 in those as well when I was in the military. I'm almost 100% certain that they are using the mechanical injector pump still because they never had the same issues that the civilian world did in the mid 90's on up.
is it possible to buy mechanical injector pump and convert my Americano for it ? W/o many problems and changes ?

OK. I found eg. this:

Price is as for next used burban hahahaha

Last edited:

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it possible to buy mechanical injector pump and convert my Americano for it ? W/o many problems and changes ?

OK. I found eg. this:

Price is as for next used burban hahahaha
Found out that there is a fella named Bobbie Martin that has a book on how to do this. You can reach him here.... [email protected] for information on getting the book.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
move PMD from engine close to the fender....
Good move on getting it off the engine but from my understanding from lots of reading the best place for the pmd is behind the front license plate inside the bumper. Thats where I have mine and had 0 issues in the 3 years I've had mine. Nice looking truck BTW.