Stupid front lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
I recently wanted to get some extra lift out of the truck so I cranked the bars a little. Well that left me with a little cali lean so I added 3" blocks in the back. Now the truck has too much rake. I checked the "stupid lift questions" thread but couldn't find what I was looking for.
How can I raise just the front w/o cranking more? I actually would prefer to de-crank some if some kind of front only lift would let me do this. I'm kind of new to this still so please forgive the continuing ignorance.
BTW, I would give measurements but I'm at work right now. Am I correct in measuring from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well to get my numbers for getting "almost" level? I need to keep a small amount of rake due to towing but it does look kind of funny right now.
Many thanks,

Evan

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Once you've cranked your T-Bars all the way out there is no more height to be gained in the front that I'm aware of other than doing an actual lift. The best way to achieve what your looking for would probably to go to a 2" block then decrank to be level with that.

To take fender measurements measure on flat ground from ground to the middle of your fender well, be sure when cranking to measure both of your front fenders to make sure your leveled that way to and once your settled in your height its a good idea to get an alignment, especially if its been a while since your last one.

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Butch! I actually like the height of the rear but cannot safely crank any more. the LCA is almost touching and going over bumps sounds as if my whole front end is coming off. I just wasn't sure if there was a relatively inexpensive way to raise just the front to match the back with something like a diff drop or different control arms. Knuckles perhaps? (even though I don't care for how far knuckles push the front wheels out)

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much you can do some people have done a Ball Joint flip on the UCA's to gain a 1/2 inch or so but personally I didn't think that a BJ flip is a good idea. Other than that you need a lift kit of some sort like you said a diff drop or knuckle kit.