Stuck in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pronk

Reaction score
So my truck is currently locked in 4Lo and I cannot get it out. It is the manual shift version on the floor, but I cannot move the lever back at all. I've tried moving it in every gear with no success. Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Maybe your linkage is binding up for some reason. Maybe try to unhook your linkage and manually putting it back in 2wd.

Pronk

Reaction score
So I got my truck back into 2 hi, just had to let the truck warm up for awhile. However when I first went into 4 lo I lost reverse. Now that i'm back in 2wd I still do not have reverse. My reverse lights work, but when I hit the throttle it is a forward gear, neutral is also a forward gear. I can barely get to neutral if I hold the gear selector between park and reverse. Any help with my transmission problem would be awesome. Thanks!

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Transmission shift linkage has been knocked out of its hole on the frame. Crawl under below the drivers door and look at the linkage. You'll see what I mean. Easy fix

Last edited:

Pronk

Reaction score
Yes I did, thanks for your help. I just got under the truck and messed with the linkage for a little while and then everything went back to normal