Stock 2000 k2500 sierra classic SHOCK part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking for the part numbers for the shocks front and rear on a 2000 k2500 sierra classic SL 4x4 5.7L its 8 lug with the large 14 SF axle

Im trying to replace the shocks with bilsteins, i already bought the wrong ones for the rear, but i think i might have lucked out and they are actually for the front... anyways if anyone knows the correct part numbers for the bilsteins front and rear that would be awesome

pics are always nice so heres some pictures of it, just finishing off a mild resto on it, its a work in progresss

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 143.jpg
    143.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 21
  • photo4copy.jpg
    photo4copy.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 22

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah that website tells me i have the right ones but they dont have the dog bone mounting plate at the top end. Its probably a OBS/NBS mix up because it was a transition year... i guess i have to go to the dealer to get the correct part numbers.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just an fyi: the 8 lug rear axles should full floaters, not semi.

Easy way to tell is to pull the center cap off the rim. If there bolts holding what looks like a metal cap on, its a full floater. That "cap" is actually the end of the axles shaft where it's bolted to the hub. If there's no bolts and there's nothing sticking out through the rim it's a semi.

Cheers.

Last edited:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not all heavy 2500s got the ff, some got the sf 14.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
not all heavy 2500s got the ff, some got the sf 14.

That's why I said "should".

:)

But I would be surprised if an 8600 gvwr truck got the 9.5 rear. Possible I guess, but it would be surprising none the less....

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

May have something to do with being a CC truck, but it is for sure a 14sf. I almost didn't buy the truck because I popped off the rear hub cap and didn't see the big hubs.

Also, for what it's worth, I checked shock length measurements on my 8600lb K2500 and a similar vintage Z71 K1500 and they are identical. I plan on using the Monroe mono-tube Reflex shocks for a Z71 on my truck. We have them on our 99 Suburban and I've been very happy with the ride and control they offer.

Last edited:

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my axle is sf not ff, but i dont even think that it matters for the shocks, i ordered some for a 1998 k2500 and they fit perfect (bilsteins). The problem i had was i ordered the ones for the NBS 2500 not the OBS 2500 as they made both for the year 2000.... how annoying, so i will probably just sell them on craigs for a little loss