stepside with no sides? pics? or fiberglass repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have a 95 ext with stepside, needs cab corners, also has crack in fibre glass, passenger side, looks like someone maybe backed into something, 4 - 6 inch crack I think
originaly was going to pull bed, but was just pulling of trim, and thought, maybe I can just pull one side at at time, and be able to weld in new corners
then I wondered what it would look like with no stepsides, just some mud flaps, so anyone have any pics

and I've messed with fiberglass some, not sure exactly what to do to fix crack, if I need to cut it out or anything, its kinda bent up a little I think, also around where black piece for steps has some chiping, assuming just bondo there

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Easiest way to fix fiberglass is to grind out the crack, then glass it back together. Personally I think it'd look like hell without bedsides, and it would also likely be illegal.

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had mine off when I swapped my bedside after some dick did a hit and run while I was inside buying a coke.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
theyre a pain to get off depending where you live because of rust, almost easier to take the bed off

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure what it looks like with lights on, i kinda like it, would look better without the steps and painted, and would probally have to weld something on to hold mudflaps, im just assuming mudflaps would make it legal, would have to talk to guy who inspected it last
looks like cab corners might be doable with them off

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
mudflaps would not make it legal. It still needs to be under a fender.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pennsylvannia, not sure, if it was ohio I think I could get away with it, they don't even have emissions, think inspection just involves looking at the cars vin

Reaction score
Can you offer removal instructions or maybe a PDF on how to remove the bedside? I apologize but I REALLY need this information ASAP.
Thanks Big Red.