Step bars and metal fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont really want to weld the stainless on. These are made with actual stainless and are pretty nice. I was thinking welding some 2" flat bar between the brackets. The ends where the bars bolt on are the only weak spots on my brackets. The flat bar would reinforce that and provide a slider type of spot under the bars.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good sully

i hate looking at your truck...makes me want to do 6" only instead of my body lift and get tow mirrors

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate looking at my truck too. I can see everything I screwed up and dont have the energy to fix. A perfect example is my lower control arm bolts. One is facing one way and the other faces the opposite way. WTF was I thinking???????? It drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol wow...i wish i was worried about lil stuff like that

im more worried about keeping my truck just on the road

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Becareful what you wish for.... many people would trade trucks in a second, but I see the f ups and it tarnishes my view on the whole truck. Its why I havent painted my brackets yet. I want to grind them cleaner and maybe do epoxy filler to smooth everything out.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
He has no idea.

I do some crazy nit-picky stuff on my truck. Like, the 6 tiny hub bolts on the D44 have to line up with the lugs, the center cap scallops have to also line up with the lugs and the GMC emblem has to line up with the valve stem. I even had to go out and convert the front axle to 14mm studs just because I wanted them to match.