steering squeek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i hope im in the right place... but anyways after having about 3,000 lb of payload in the back, my steering has been squeeking. it seems to be only near the left tire or at lest the left side of the vehicle. it only squeeks when it is moving very slow or stopped and only squeeks for about 1 wheel rotation both ways... any help would be appreciated and ill try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

StevenL

Reaction score
Mine started squeaking recently too. I used too hear it once in a while. Now more often. On close examination, I found most of the rubber in all the suspension and steering is worn out or close to it. I found replacement components through Amazon. I'll start changing out the old ones and installing the new a little at a time. Good luck.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine started squeaking recently too. I used too hear it once in a while. Now more often. On close examination, I found most of the rubber in all the suspension and steering is worn out or close to it. I found replacement components through Amazon. I'll start changing out the old ones and installing the new a little at a time. Good luck.

How expensive were these replacement parts? I greased all the grease fittings on the steering and suspension a week ago but I heard the squeak come back again today.... maybe give me some links to the parts you bought?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I bought my steering linkage on ebay for $115

StevenL

Reaction score
Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Amazon.com is where I usually purchase my components. My lift is a Superlift kit. From the Superlift website, I found all the details of the components I needed and then searched Amazon for the parts, as many manufacturers don't sell through their websites. There are complete replacement kits available although I never checked them out. As a side note, I almost always purchase through Amazon as I have a Prime account and usually find Prime eligible components for less than other companies. That shipping edge from Amazon usually saves me quite a bit of money.