Spark Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also you gotta put into consideration how bad PO negelected maintence. I have yet to buy i used car that didn't need tuneup, tires, brakes, and some annoying problem of some sort

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good man!

I think no matter which kind of truck you buy, you always get one that has problems, i have sunk over $2000 into my 1996 F150 in the last couple months.

You are probably right. It seems to me that Detroit has pretty much licked all the issues they had in the 70s and 80s with mechanical things going bad, but it's all the electrical sensor related stuff that goes bad on vehicles.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You are probably right. It seems to me that Detroit has pretty much licked all the issues they had in the 70s and 80s with mechanical things going bad, but it's all the electrical sensor related stuff that goes bad on vehicles.

mhm, well except i just did my clutch was $1200 :lol:

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also you gotta put into consideration how bad PO negelected maintence. I have yet to buy i used car that didn't need tuneup, tires, brakes, and some annoying problem of some sort

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that this guy had a new crate engine put in this truck last year. A new engine! Then he turned around and had all the old sensors from the old engine put on it. DUH?!?! You should see this knock sensor. It's so freakin used up that it's rusty! The EGR valve looked like it was really old when I changed it out too. The IAC valve looked the same way. And the stuff I've found that either wasn't hooked up or had been hooked up loosely! I know who put the engine in this truck--he's one of the local mechanics. Now I know why people are constantly suing his ass. His work looks like he did it while on crack or something! The more I find wrong with this truck, the more amazed I am that this thing was running at all when I got it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Twelve hundred dollars for a clutch?!?!?! Jeez! The last time I did a clutch it cost me like $250! LOL!

Clutch, Pressure Plate, Slave cylinder, New Shift forks inside transmission and labor. no way in hell i was pull a transmisson in my driveway at -15C

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that this guy had a new crate engine put in this truck last year. A new engine! Then he turned around and had all the old sensors from the old engine put on it. DUH?!?! You should see this knock sensor. It's so freakin used up that it's rusty! The EGR valve looked like it was really old when I changed it out too. The IAC valve looked the same way. And the stuff I've found that either wasn't hooked up or had been hooked up loosely! I know who put the engine in this truck--he's one of the local mechanics. Now I know why people are constantly suing his ass. His work looks like he did it while on crack or something! The more I find wrong with this truck, the more amazed I am that this thing was running at all when I got it.

wow. some people are just dumbasses

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch, Pressure Plate, Slave cylinder, New Shift forks inside transmission and labor. no way in hell i was pull a transmisson in my driveway at -15C

True. I wish I had a garage. It sure would make it easier to work on stuff.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once you get all your maintenance issues taken care of and you get everything back to the way it should be, you should have no more trouble, I have driven these truck's for many trouble free year's. If you change the oil regularly, change the fuel filter every 30k or so, and also do plug's and cap and rotor at about 30-40k this is on a 87-95 only, because the ones I have had like to burn up the cap and rotor, you can drive these for a long time!