sound problems powering door speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so ive got an old kenwood amp. its a little guy that does like 35 watts per channel. works fine for door speakers. i used it for many years powering door speakers and it worked good. well i got a d max 2 years ago and this truck sorta got put on the back burner and the amp sat for quite awhile and didn't get used. well now only while the truck is running the speakers have a crackle noise to them and the sound will cut out all the time. i do a lot of audio stuff and i cant find the problem. i tried unplugging the rca cables and they will still make the crackle noise while running. put a sound filter on the cables, messed with the ground and power wire. moved the power wire over to the power block on the passenger side just to try that and no luck. made sure my speaker wires were not grounding out anywhere. ive come to the conclusion the amp must be the problem? and it sounds just fine with the key on and the truck not running. not sure what else it could be really. gonna go buy one this afternoon and if you guys have an idea ill leave it in the box and keep the receipt just in case i missed something.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have had a surge with that amp and it is going to keep doing that. I had the same issues I pawned the amp and got a new.