So many problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a trashed dash that i will be replacing soon. But my problems arise when I get cold.
Last winter, when i was in the great state of Arizona, the heat worked so well that on the freeway, the air forced in from the outside was enough to keep me warm.
Now I'm preparing for winter in Illinois. Im still asking myself daily why I moved in the first place... But I'm here and want to be winter ready. What once used to me a great heating system is piss poor now at best. Lukewarm air when the motor is warm, and the low and med settings for the blower aren't working at all, and when i hit recirc it makes a thump noise over and over until I turn it off or hit defrost... on the subject of defrost, it doesn't work worth a damn either. I have a new blower motor. How much will this fix? I know my current one is shot because it sounds like a cat in a blender. What other parts should I replace to get my heat ready for what's supposed to be a brutal winter?
You must be registered for see images attach

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thump noise Williston likely be your door actuator. Blower it's self does not control fan speed... it gets its signal from the "Blower motor resister" which gets its signal from the heater controls..... the register is a common issue when you loose any Blower speeds..

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And it helps to post what you are working on... alot like myself use Tapatalk and most signature with truck info doesn't show up....

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
91 sierra 1500. Didn't even think about that lol.
Where is the blower motor resistor located?

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take the glove box insert out and it'll be right on top of the duct work... 1 plug and 2 screws holding it in...

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
also try flushing out your cooling system. Take an air hose and blow out your heater core as well. That made a day and night difference in my heat.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a no heat condition when I first bought my truck. Something was keeping the otherwise hot coolant from flowing through the heater core. I remove both hoses and blew compressed air and ran water through the core until it came out nice and clear. After topping off the lost fluid and bleeding the system, I have nice hot heat.

Now before I did this I verified that the interior hot/cold flap was moving correctly. It is visible from behind the glovebox off to the left (like sorta below the cup holder). If you can see if move with response to the HVAC control knob its working correctly.