snow pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice cat, and lifted Z71 for that matter. I'm looking at buying a sled with my income taxes this year. Question for ya, how are you loading and unloading the sled in the back of your truck. Are you using some sort of ramps or are you backing up into a snow bank and riding it in there. If you are using the snow bank method how exactly are you unloading it. I don't want to have to a buy a trailer for my sled quite yet but I'm not sure the best way to transport it around in the back of my truck when it comes time to unload it.
In the first picture is the snow ramp I shoveled to load/unload the sled in my yard. Drive it up on, never load backwards as the wind will catch the windshield and rip it and possibly the cab off. When it comes time to unload I find a spot with banks tall enough (hard right now with little snow) and able to get behind them with the sled, then just drag it off the truck. Not 1/2 as bad with a stock height truck but one time when being lifted is a downside.

Those look like they would be ton of fun to ride, I have never seen one in person.
Fun...YES. Expensive...VERY! This is my first sled in close to 5 years, forgot just how fun they were, even though this one is slow compared to past ones.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's some stuffage man! I wish it would acutally snow a decent amount here, we've only had a couple dustings. Here's a pic I snapped the other day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Your truck is absolutely mint man.....now I have something to aspire to. New bumper and grille, or did ya just get happy with the turtle wax?? Great looking truck again.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was meaning to comment on how clean and nice looking his truck is. It literally looks like that picture is from a GMC brochure. I'm totally envious

SPLC0668

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your truck is absolutely mint man.....now I have something to aspire to. New bumper and grille, or did ya just get happy with the turtle wax?? Great looking truck again.

Yeah I was meaning to comment on how clean and nice looking his truck is. It literally looks like that picture is from a GMC brochure. I'm totally envious

Haha, thanks guys, I appreciate the complements. My truck is clean, but it is far from mint, the picture doesn't show the rust on the passenger cab corner or all of the little dents and scratches. And that is the original grille, pealing chrome and all, but it is a newer bumper since I got rid of the trim all around. That picture was worked on a bit too, so that is probably what makes it look so good. :Big Laugh:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Someone should start a thread called "Show me your trucks bad spots" I thought about it, but can't let you guys my rust spots, embarrassed :( lower part of door, its STARTING around fender lips, bottom of tailgate.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the day the dome collapsed...

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I love the days where there is so much snow on the ground and no one in my house has to leave any time soon. I like driving to town in 4hi and watching all the over confident drivers go in the ditch, I pulled over the other morning on my way to work because a guy in a GMC Sonoma passed me when I was driving 50 mph on an icy road with no visible lines during heavy snow fall at the 6:30 am. Well he passed me and swerved in to the ditch, I pulled over and walked over, thinking maybe he had a good reason to go around me so fast, nope, he was heading to work, he said he had to be there at 7, I told him he should of left earlier, he asked if I had a tow rope to pull him out, I said "nope, I'm not risking any damage to your truck" I gave him the number to Eagle towing however and told him to have a nice day :p

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the days where there is so much snow on the ground and no one in my house has to leave any time soon. I like driving to town in 4hi and watching all the over confident drivers go in the ditch, I pulled over the other morning on my way to work because a guy in a GMC Sonoma passed me when I was driving 50 mph on an icy road with no visible lines during heavy snow fall at the 6:30 am. Well he passed me and swerved in to the ditch, I pulled over and walked over, thinking maybe he had a good reason to go around me so fast, nope, he was heading to work, he said he had to be there at 7, I told him he should of left earlier, he asked if I had a tow rope to pull him out, I said "nope, I'm not risking any damage to your truck" I gave him the number to Eagle towing however and told him to have a nice day :p
yea how many times i've done that this year...the only thing is we get the drivers that go like 25 in a 40 in a prius or small car when hoestly there was maybe a dusting on the road...