Smooth Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White92

Reaction score
I decided to smooth out my front bumper instead of buying one from LMC. Last time I ordered one from them it showed up with dents and the primer they used was awful. So, I just welded up all the holes for the trim, ground off all the chrome, applied some adhesion promoter, and sprayed it with an epoxy primer. I'll paint it to match the truck next, along with valance.

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I would really like to do this to my truck someday, all blue bumpers.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I really like the smooth look on the front bumper. The more I look at it, the more I want to narrow it and tuck it closer to the fenders.
Nice work. I will say though I've bought 3 paintable smoothie bumpers (but with the Tahoe Limited/"diesel" holes) and they all fit pretty well. Can't argue on the primer the mfgr uses; I'm sure it's bottom of the barrel stuff..

There was a truck I saw maybe on FSC years ago where they eliminated the filler strip and corner pieces, tucking the bumper in, and it looked pretty sharp. Also looked like a lot of work! Probably best reserved for a show truck as one little tap and you're gonna mess up grille, fenders, etc.

Richard