Signal Light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellbound

Reaction score
That will be my next check. Going to pick up some parts from a guy scappin a 98 tonite, looks like I will grab the tails also.

Thanks

Mike

Hellbound

Reaction score
I swapped the taillights from side to side and the problem remained on the drivers side. That rules out the taillight circuit board. I guess it is time to start going through the wiring unless someone out there has any idea what could cause this?

Thanks

Mike

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I swapped the taillights from side to side and the problem remained on the drivers side. That rules out the taillight circuit board. I guess it is time to start going through the wiring unless someone out there has any idea what could cause this?

Thanks

Mike

Man youve got me on this one.... I cant think of anything else other than to start tracing the wiring and hope you can find something there... just keep us up to date because im curious of the outcome

Hellbound

Reaction score
OK, back again with new symptoms...

OK, checked out the wires and they seem OK. The signals work fine around town. Flash normally both sides. I went on the highway today on the way to work, got above 90km, signaled to pass and blew the fuse. SO I put in a 30 amp fuse to see what would happen. When around town worked as normal. Then I hit the highway on the way home. Right signal worked normal. The left signal however did not. When singnalling left the airbag light on the dash would flash, so when above a certin speed the curent for the left signal lights are taking a weird path..... The 30a fuse didn't blow and when I got off the highway the left signal worked as it should.....Any ideas??

Thanks

Mike

Hellbound

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why this could be related to vehicle speed??

Thanks

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the factory trailer harness?

If so follow it under the truck till you reach a T. Unplug both sides of the T and take those two harnesses that you unplugged and plug them into each other directly.

Hellbound

Reaction score
Hello again,

Tried everything i can think of and have been told to try but no luck. Once I get up to highway speed the lrft turn signal appears to short. Once i get back down to 60km/h or there about, it works just fine...

thanks

Mike

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I'm no electrician but I'm just giving you my .02¢ On my 88 my problem was different as my left turn signals wouldn't work until I tapped up on the signal stick. What I started doing was taking a test light and found my 4 way switch in the column was bad. I took my steering wheel off and changed the switch and it's all working. Maybe the vibrations on highway speeds make it lose contact? Good luck on this and hope you get it fixed. I hate electrical gremlins.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The only way it can be related to road speed is there's a wire somewhere that has a chaff on it and wind loads are causing it to touch vehicle ground.

I think you're chasing a correlation and not a causation on that one though.....