Signal Light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellbound

Reaction score
Hi again,

To start my right signal lights were blinking fast. All bulbs worked but had a fast flash rate. THe left side was good. Today was the same on the way in to work. I went to run an errand at lunch and had no signals what so ever. Headlights, tail lights and brake lights al good, but no signal lights. Still at work so can't mess around with it, but where should i start the search?

Thanks

Mike

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
if all your bulbs are in fact good maybe the flasher relay?

Sent from my static android

Hellbound

Reaction score
Thanks for the tps. Once I got out of work I checked all bulbs, and the flasher...forgot all about the fuse...blew the fuse. New fuse, now to see how long that fuse lasts.....

Hellbound

Reaction score
The fast blinking was caused by a poor connection in one of the front right signals. It was working, but just not a good connection, wasn't as bright as the other lights. Cleaned out the old grease, put in some new grease and re-installed the bulb, good to go. Thanks for the help.

Hellbound

Reaction score
OK, bask again....THe fuse has blown again so there is an issue somewhere. The first place I am thinking is the connections for my trailer plug. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
OK, bask again....THe fuse has blown again so there is an issue somewhere. The first place I am thinking is the connections for my trailer plug. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike

that's a very good spot to start. also I would suggest checking the grounds, I know there is a ground in the back for the tails that seem to have caused alot of problems for people

Sent from my static android

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Like Dean said, its on the driver side frame rail, just behind the gas tank. Mine came off completely and i drove home with NO rear lighting and had no clue until my mom pointed it out when i backed in the driveway, way across town. Scary stuff! There is also one right next to the reel light, and another on the driver side of the radiator, right above the coal canister. Could be loose.

Last edited:

Hellbound

Reaction score
Grounds are good. New symptom. When lights are off and signal is on it blinks normal speed both sides. Turn on the lights and the signal blinking speed changes to slightly faster on the left side only. Turn the lights off and the speed goes back to normal.

Could it be the board in the tail light?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Grounds are good. New symptom. When lights are off and signal is on it blinks normal speed both sides. Turn on the lights and the signal blinking speed changes to slightly faster on the left side only. Turn the lights off and the speed goes back to normal.

Could it be the board in the tail light?

If all your bulbs are good and working correctly I would look into those circuit boards on the tails they can make your lights do screwy things