Side Marker Securing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got a quick question that I can't seem to dig up. What do you call the little nuts that secure the corner markers to the grille, and where can I get a set? I've used my stock ones multiple times and they're starting to break down on me. I can't for the life of me find replacements, even in LMC's magazine.

Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They are known as "thread cutting nuts" since they cut threads into the plastic as you install. Get 'em at most auto parts stores, though you should take your parts with you to try out the size.

Richard

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Perfect, now I can finally find some replacements at the hardware store. Thanks everyone!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes! I once bought some clear corner lenses that came with their own nuts, which was fine, because I needed some. Nope! They barely fit, wanted to fall off...and they were the included hardware!

Went down to the local indie parts house and dug through their bins. Sadly that place is gone now, as most are.

Do note that if you get some that fit too tightly, that's also bad. They will cut threads right through those hollow plastic posts and snap them right off.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@NightRunner If you find the correct size, would you mind posting it up? I've seen this topic come up a few different times here over the years and I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually post the size they used. I wouldn't mind ordering some just to have spares.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
@NightRunner If you find the correct size, would you mind posting it up? I've seen this topic come up a few different times here over the years and I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually post the size they used. I wouldn't mind ordering some just to have spares.

Can do, I'll keep you in the loop. Probably just grab like ten of each that look the same size as the stockers

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is no correct size. The size needed varies depends on what Chinese factory made your corner markers.. so you go to the parts house and do a little trial-and-error.

Richard