Sensor on back of ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kennalec2013

Reaction score
I have a sensor on the back of my ac that keeps burning out the contacts on the wire. It's a 95 c1500 5.7l

Any knowledge of what it is and how to replace said sensor?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 33

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Usually referred to as the compressor pressure switch. When a/c high side pressure hits over 300psi or so it will activate recirculate mode, or on big blocks equipped with it - the auxiliary cooling fan. Helps get pressure down and it kicks back out around 250psi.

To replace it means evacuating the refrigerant first, because it fits into a cavity directly inside the body of the compressor. Clean the gunk off around the base of it and you'll find a snap ring to remove. Then carefully pull the sensor out; they can get stuck after they've been in there all this time and all you have to pull on is the plastic part which is likely brittle.

Replacement is done by color code of the plastic so you'll have to pay close attention to the information on the new switch; some colors have superseded others and some replace multiple colors. Use a little A/C oil on the O-ring when you install the new one. And obviously, replace that pigtail with a new one, soldered in and the joints protected with heat shrink.

To be honest that's the very first time I have ever seen that switch burn a connection. Kind of odd.

Richard