running / driving issues help / advise please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92gmcshorty

Reaction score
ok so i just picked up a 92 gmc shorty 2wd and it was runnnig great untill yesterday. pretty much it will start and idle great and runs good under 1/4 throttle. as soon as you try to give it the gas it wants to fall on its face and starts acting stupid. its a stock 305 with tbi. any ideas? the truck ran great for a week and a half before this happened. it did however sit for a unknown amount of time less then 6 months though.:nono: let me know please.

92gmcshorty

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking but i was just trying to see if anyone had this happend before there pump went out. that and ive never owned a car that i had a fuel filter cause such a problem. it allway been something bigger in the end.

elar17

Reaction score
My 92 350 was doin the exact same thing bout a year ago. mine had a partially plugged cat and i had to unhook the egr valve. It's ran great ever since.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel pump problem but could be an exhaust blockage. Normally a bad EGR valve shows its face at idle rather than on the throttle. A TPS can also cause your symptoms along with the ICM and coil. Even a corroded cap or rotor can cause it.