Rough Country 2-3" as junk as everybody says?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sno hoe 97

Reaction score
This, these trucks show a ton of frame as is.

Cranking will pre-load the bar's and make it ride worse. Torsion keys will pre-load the bars and make it ride worse. Six one way, a half dozen the other. Except cranking is free.

What are your trying to accomplish with a small lift?

Im going to be put 32 11.50 15s on it with 15x8 steel wheels. I just want a decent daily with a little more ground clearance then it has.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Im going to be put 32 11.50 15s on it with 15x8 steel wheels. I just want a decent daily with a little more ground clearance then it has.

You should be able to clear that size as it sits really. I mean, 31's were a factory size, I doubt another .5 is going to break you.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should be able to clear that size as it sits really. I mean, 31's were a factory size, I doubt another .5 is going to break you.

X2. I ran 285/75/16s on my Suburban at factory height with no rub at all. No trimming, no cranking. Granted that's on a 16 inch wheel, but still a diameter of around 32.5". I wouldn't worry about a lift for that tire size.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
have you had this kit on any of your trucks?

yep ive installed 3 of them after resiliant friends insisted despite my warning. when you get 5" of lift out of cranked ifs on one from cutting and trimming and cant run cvs anymore and have to redo the entire front suspension setup. after that fiasco and it riding like poo it ended up long traveled