Rollpan, or no rollpan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh gotcha. well hopfully mine will be all done soon. i gotta get the rollpan, my other tailgate is being flipped and painted now by a friend at a chrysler dealer, and i think im going to pull the bed get it blasted and let him have at it. thinking about rhino liner on the underside and on the frame while its apart. next is the rockers and cab corners and then the fenders. what a project lol

Reaction score
If I didn't use my truck for work and have to back into the concrete loading dock with my bumper I would have a roll pan for mine!!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha nice. yeah i used to tow and go wheelin with mine all the time. but i think im gona turn it around and get rid of the hitch and make it of show quality and only wheel at the dunes.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
This is one of the mods on my list, weld in Sir Michaels steel rollpan with a Sir Michaels tailgate handle relocater kit. Mine will be lifted as well.

I personally like lifted trucks with roll pans.

chevyracer005

Reaction score
6chevy9 in your sig it says you have a 355 in your truck. Do you have any specs on it im trying to decide to build a 383 or 355 for my truck

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
I think I may go ahead and try it. The frame part is my only concern. I'm not worried about the bumper brackets.
Rollpan > bumper brackets
My 2dr will be jet black with gunmetal flares and bottom panels, so the roll pan would be gunmetal.

and chevyracer005, that's a sick truck. thanks for the pics

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to work for Sir Michaels they have great stuff just pricy also on a Tahoe or suburban in some state its illegal to run a rollpan. But if it was me Id do it anyway

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
I doubt it is in Louisiana, lol.
All they care about is tint. My buddy has a 05 ram with completely black headlights and tailights and never has trouble. But he got stopped for his 5% tint in his OBS.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its just a bored over vortec 350. picked it up at the yard as a blown up motor. had all the machining done and just got the cheeper bottom end parts. its not bored over much. also used the vortec 305 heads off my old motor for a little more compression. if i could go back id build a stronger bottom same size with afr heads cut for my vortec intake and a monster cam with the 411 pcm swap and possibly the marine intake if i need it. thats my new eventual plans. but it runs like ******* crazy right now so im not changing anything internal yet!

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pan it but don't weld it in.
That way if it's ever damaged, dented or if you simply decide you want to bolt your rear bumper back on it will be a simply swap.

Sir Mikes make a great Roll Pan. That's what I have on my Silvy.