roller rockers,cam,and lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i have a 95 c1500 suburban and was wondering if there is much if any positives from up grading to a roller cam and lifters and roller tipped rockers. if so what should i go with??? (ratio on the rockers?..cam profile??..)

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its my daily...and once in awhile i will tow a toy or two. im looking for maybe some power and mpg.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There are benefits to be gained from going roller, but are they worth it? There is a good chance your engine has factory roller provisions, which make it easier to do the swap. Roller cams cost 2 or 3 times what flat tappet cams do, roller lifters cost 2 to 3 times what flat tappets do, and there are a few more parts needed for it to work right. In a DD application, there isn't a LOT of benefit or bang for the buck feelgood coming from this modification.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you know for sure you have a flat tappet cam now? almost all of the 87-95 blocks are setup for both, some fully, some not.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know what cam i have but the question was asked asuming i was gonna build a motor so im thinking what i should put in it since my motor has 230,000 miles on it,i dont plan to modify it.