Roll pan with hitch behind license plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen or have any pics of a truck with a roll pan and the hitch built in behind the license plate so you can hinge the plate up to get to the hitch. I saw it in a magazine one time and didnt know if anyone here has attempted it. This summer id really like to put a roll pan on my truck and hide the hitch like this. if you have any info or ideas on how to do this let me no

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have to get the 'hide-a-hitch', a license plate with the hinge, and a rollpan with a hitch hole in the license plate box. thats pretty much it.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on the syle of roll pan but I don't think it's going to line up.
That doesn't mean it can't be done.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
A standard hidden hitch will not work with 3 in body lift. It will be 3 inches too low from where it needs to be in the roll pan. You will have to modify a hidden hitch or build a custom one to work with a body lift.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could probably just about flip over a class 3 reciever hitch and would be nearly right for a 3BL.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could probably just about flip over a class 3 reciever hitch and would be nearly right for a 3BL.

kinda what I was thinking

I think codyB just did something similar to this. I know I saw it recently on here, I just cant remember who.