Rock guard/boxliner on rocker panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this? i want to put rock guard spray on stuff on my rocker panels because my new tires kick up lots of rocks with the offset rims. I read alot of guys just buy the 3m spray on stuff and works good. Can someone give me some pointers on how to do this the right way?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can never do to much prep work, you can never mask off to much, use light coats or you will get runs and it will drip

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
When it says hole the can back 8-12 inches away while spraying it.. it means it! Lol take ur time its easy to make it look uneven and I'm sure u want it to look good. Put a couple good coats to it and let them dry completely in between

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
I would also regimens duplicate color truck bed coating it comes in a tall blue can its great on rockers wicked tuff

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Rock guard sounds like a way better plan then bed liner.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used rubberized rocker gaurd on my truck before, it held up real well. I think I only did one touch up to it over 1.5 years, the stuff I used has a dull finish but it also paintable. Its also what I used to paint my bumpers with too.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm thanks alot guys, sounds like duplicolor spray on is the way to go. Cant decide if i should remove the trim just above the rocker panels, might look weird with it on and the bedliner with it.