Replacing body mounts on a Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rofflesaur

Reaction score
So my stock rubber mounts have ballooned out and allowed to body to settle just enough for a pinch weld in the trans tunnel to slice into the wire harness. I bought a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts so this would not happen again. I don't want to install a body lift, but i wanted something better than stock. I also bought a new set of bolts from the dealer, as the factory ones are rusty. Where exactly do I want to place my jack to lift the body up off the mounts? I saw the how to sticky, but that is for a pickup body. The Suburban body is much longer and heavier (obviously).

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
If you have access to a car lift, that would be much easier. I'm guessing you dont since you said jack, so loosen off the opposite side but dont take them off. take off the bolts on the side youre doing, and jack it up in about the middle. if it leans toward the back or front, move towards whichever side. jack up just enough to get the mounts out. replace them, then do it on the other side. hope this helps

Rofflesaur

Reaction score
Yeah, no access to car lift right now. I'll use a wooden board to help distribute the weight. Where should I place my jack though? Under the floor on the inside of the frame rail? Or should I remove my running boards and place it under the doors/rocker panels?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use a few jacks one right next to each mount on one side with a board to distribute the weight a bit. And no putting a jack in that far on the floor would be a very bad idea. No real support there.

Sent from what use to be a great country.