Removing vortec harness... HOW???!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larson_22

Reaction score
Having issues with these stupid connectors and need some insight. Thanks in advance!

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this on the passenger side firewall near the coolant reservoir? Stop what you are doing. They don't unplug the way you think they do. The plug is actually on the other side of the firewall behind the glove compartment. I think the connector on the bottom might be held in place with two small screws on the engine side but disconnecting the wires actually happens from the inside.

Larson_22

Reaction score
Driver side. Plan is to disconnect this here and pull the other half through to remove dash as I am swapping in an AC from a wrecked parts truck I have

Larson_22

Reaction score
As far as removing engine harness I will need to do so to accommodate plugs for AC components. Harness will come off the parts truck as well and is an auto but should work.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The white (top) part stays and is attached under the dash to the Convenience Center. There are two screws on the firewall that need to be removed. I've already removed one screw in the picture below. It's to the upper right of the white harness. The second one is diagonal to it and a little harder to reach. Remove both of those screws to allow the white harness to be pulled into the cab.

The black (lower) harness is attached with a torx bit to the Convenience Center. The red arrow points to where the screw head is. Remove the torx screw and pry the black harness off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dash removal link...

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...r-tech/471448-1995-1998-dashboard-replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albertc12002

Reaction score
Is this on the passenger side firewall near the coolant reservoir? Stop what you are doing. They don't unplug the way you think they do. The plug is actually on the other side of the firewall behind the glove compartment. I think the connector on the bottom might be held in place with two small screws on the engine side but disconnecting the wires actually happens from the inside.
What wire harness is that? I just noticed today 2 wires coming from them are cut off don't know why