removing radio and ac control panels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can someone explain how to do this. i've never tried to before and i couldnt get them to come out yesterday.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
easiest thing you will ever do. there is one trim piece that surrounds the speedo/radio/ac/light controls. put your truck in 1st gear grab trim piece above steering wheel and pull, continue to do this until it is off. once that is done if you need more help you shouldn't be doing whatever it is. trust me man it's that easy. i can swap out decks in my truck in under 10min for real.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
easiest thing you will ever do. there is one trim piece that surrounds the speedo/radio/ac/light controls. put your truck in 1st gear grab trim piece above steering wheel and pull, continue to do this until it is off. once that is done if you need more help you shouldn't be doing whatever it is. trust me man it's that easy. i can swap out decks in my truck in under 10min for real.

I can't get the whole thing off EVER, the damn 4x4 plug, cargo light plug and headlight plugs are so damn hard to get unplugged, I can't do it, Ive tried screw drivers and all that, and I can't figure out how to get AC controls out.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I can't get the whole thing off EVER, the damn 4x4 plug, cargo light plug and headlight plugs are so damn hard to get unplugged, I can't do it, Ive tried screw drivers and all that, and I can't figure out how to get AC controls out.

You have the new dash style.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
can someone explain how to do this. i've never tried to before and i couldnt get them to come out yesterday.

You took out the 4 torx screws holding the trim on?
After that you can put the truck in 1st and pull the trim off. I just had mine apart for the 100th time, let me know if you have other questions.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score

you are kidding right? use a small screwdriver to push on the tabs, bamo they are out. i know you are savy enough to get er done, don't be afraid to pull a little, you wont snap them in half or anything. next time i have mine out i'm going to take a video just for you.