Reman engine install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well finally got my reman engine Friday morning from Caroline Machine in South Carline. Got everything switched over to the new engine and got it in the truck last night got a late start. Got up early this morning and worked on it till about lunch and the heat run us inside. Went back out this evening and worked on it a little more almost got it finished just some odd and ends to finish her up and I'll be back going again!!! I bought there upgraded engine with the rv cam and the better aftermarket heads can't wait to get it done and drive it!!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure it will be great to drive it again, post up a vid when you get it running so we can all see it.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try and get some pics of it when I get up of the current state of the truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool sounds good man. Did you get a Vortec based engine?

My friend has had zero issues with his engine from CME. I just helped him two weeks ago pull it and put it in a different car. Looked just as good as the day we first put it in. No leaks anywhere. When the time comes I will probably be using them as well. I want a 383, but I doubt my wallet can handle it!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's nothing like the smell of a freshly rebuilt engine being started for the first time. If you can bottle it I'll buy it, as I don't expect to have anything new to crank for some time! Enjoy!

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are some pics of the truck, the new engine and the old one siting on the trailer almost ready to ship back.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got everything hooked up but the fan and found my rad. That I just put in not to long ago has a pen hole leak!!! Just great!!!!

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well got a new rad in this morning got it fired up to break it in and the dang thermostat didnt open up for whatever reason! Waiting for it to cool down now we are having a dang rain storm. Seems like I can't get a break on this truck!!!