regular cab sub boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckindude95

Reaction score
can you regular cab guys with sub boxes behind your seats post up pics and what type of subs you have. I built a center console/sub box last fall but not sure if i'm going to keep it or try to build one behind the seat.

pics of console box
You must be registered for see images attach

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did 3 12s in the back of mine the box is small but I have a 1200 watts driving them

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im going to put an 8 inch jl back there. i know a ton about subs so dont bother trying to talk me up to a 10 or 12. i know its not going to be much of a difference and that fine. i want just a lil guy so it fits nicely.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah this will be a whole new game for me. i have never ran 8s before i was always a 15s kinda guy lol but i dont have a trunk or and ext cab or and suv and im not cutting the back of my cab out ever again thats a terrible idea! which kind of subs do you have? i think i wana go with a jl im not much for heatstopping bass like i used to be i just want a little more low that what i have. kicker was always my fav but i think jls have better quality sound. thanks man.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running the high end Swiss Audio 8"s. They were a subsidiary of Alphasonik, who has sense bit the dust. If you can snag a good price on some JL stuff, go for it. They make quality ****.

Reaction score
Crutchfield has a sub box that looks exactly like the stock center console for our trucks. I have not used one in the GMT400 style trucks but a friend has one in his F-350 crew cab and it sounds really good. More than enough bass to make the songs sound like they should

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
depends on the sub. with my 15s i was always sealed. if your running a truck box you prob dont have the air space to run a port. not only that but i think ported boxes sound terrible they seem way to sloppy. i like the low hard bass so i only run sealed. but if your gona port there is a ton of math involved to sound good not just loud.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ragmc, my box is setup almost exactly like yours, except I only have 2 12's. Still plenty for me.

Also, is that fabric covering your plastic trimpiece above the subs?? I like it! tell me more please!