RC 6” Lift Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jnhjust

Reaction score
I am installing a 6” RC lift on a 1998 GMC 3500 Dually. I am struggling to find out what is the best tire size to go with on 16” rims. Also looking for suggestions on tire manufactures as there doesn’t seems to be many building 16” tires any more.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The issue you're facing is the dual tires, you need skinny tires that don't rub their sidewalls, right?
There used to be a set of Buckshot Mudders, available in a 34/9.5/16 I saw on a lifted dually. His wheels were in stock location.
Next guy ran 285/75 (33") with a 2" spacer between the duals.

If it was me, I'd run 315/75's with spacers in between the rears. Just moderate the PSI so the tires wear as evenly as possible. A 12" tire on a 6.5" wheel isn't recommended, but it's been done...

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those will fit stock, kinda waste to put a lift on to run a stock size tire. Swamper makes a tall skinny 35, fits stock rim, might need a small spacer between the duals...

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those will fit stock, kinda waste to put a lift on to run a stock size tire. Swamper makes a tall skinny 35, fits stock rim, might need a small spacer between the duals...
Yeah, but Super Swamper tires are gonna be $250-300 a piece. Times 7, 'cause you need a spare.

O.P., you will still need spacers between 285 on duals. 265's rub, 285's will definitely rub.
Oh, I know they're a rare size, but 255/85's wont rub, and they're the same height as 285's

Railin93

Reaction score
I am installing a 6” RC lift on a 1998 GMC 3500 Dually. I am struggling to find out what is the best tire size to go with on 16” rims. Also looking for suggestions on tire manufactures as there doesn’t seems to be many building 16” tires any more.
You ever get the truck finished?...any pics?