Radiator Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccox

Reaction score
My radiator is cracked next to the upper hose down to the oil cooler line. I'm assuming repair isn't a great option, so I'm looking at replacing it. I was looking on eBay and there are all sorts of thicknesses. What is the stock size? I see them running from 1" to like 2 1/4". Would there be any issues running a 1" one?

1995 k1500 ECSB 4x4 5.7 AT

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Personally I like the biggest I can get or at least a Heavy Duty one. If you live in or near the mountains the I would go with the biggest you can get. Climbing hills is hard on the engines and more cooling ability is better.

If living in a area that is reasonably flat and not pulling trailers then the 1 inch should be fine.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
That should work fine. It is also know as a Heavy Duty radiator. 2 row is what I use in both my vehicles.

If you check your local auto parts store you may find a lifetime warrantied unit there. I prefer getting one from them as it is usually easier to get a replacement if you need to do so in the future while owning this vehicle.

ccox

Reaction score
I would go to advance, but im seeing them close to double the price and only 1 1/4". I only put about 5k on a year and its mostly commuting with the occasional camping trip in the hills, so I'm not too worried about the warranty part.