Question About A Fleetside Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, i think this would be a good place to post this. My buddy AJ has a 99 3500 singlecab work truck with and we wanna swap out the toolbox/ workbed for a fleetside, we're just wondering what it would take to do that. I assume it would be just a direct bolt on after we get the old one off. He bought the truck with the whole workbed already on there so we're unsure if it came like that from the factory or what. Anybody have any info on somethin' like this? I'll get a pic soon as i can

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If it's not a chassis an cab truck, it should be a direct bolt on, as long as you have the bolts and the box. You'll probably also need the filler neck for the fuel tank.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you pick up another box, try to get it with the wiring harness too. That should make the electrics plug & play, if the harness hasn't been messed with ahead of the box connection.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's not a chassis an cab truck, it should be a direct bolt on, as long as you have the bolts and the box. You'll probably also need the filler neck for the fuel tank.

Yeah filler neck is different i did notice, id like to find a decent box but i feel like there hard to find, gotta try some more salvage yards

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Bolt on as long as it's not a 3500 hd. Looks like:

You must be registered for see images attach

The front filler panel below the grill panel is the dead give away.

Well, solid front axle and great big rear are too....