Power window nose diving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmauser98

Reaction score
98 gmt400 the power windows are bad about getting cocked going up the passenger side is the worst. I replaced the whole motor regulator assembly on the passenger side today, greased up the tracks reinstalled it works much better now but just a few inches from the top the front half still nose dives causing it to jam. I sprayed some wd40 in the window channels front and back, seemed to help kept, but nose diving still persisted so I said F it and really sprayed that liner it now goes up a down ***** a little still but it's usable now.

Do the window channels on the front and back require tweaking or replacement from time to time ? Where do you even get those pieces of they do ?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've got no window experience with the GMT-400, but I've got a little elsewhere. Make sure the run-channels (the pieces the glass edges slide in) are in the correct spots.... not too high/low/twisted. Also make sure the glass is fully seated/latched/attached to the window regulator.

Silicone spray would be better on those seals, I think. WD-40 might make the rubber swell.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's a couple 10mm-head bolts that hold the front window channel in. It's real easy to forget the bolts when re-assembling, and it will cause the window to fall forward. I've also seen it mangle the window regulator scissor assembly if it doesn't get corrected.

Richard