Power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not sure this is in the right spot, so if its not, my apologies.

I just replaced my steering box with a high dollar Borgeson. My old one was was leaking from everywhere but the lines.

After swapping the boxes i now have a line leak from the high pressure line. I went to the parts store and matched o rings. Do these take a special o ring?

Also my return line looks different from all the ones iv seen. It goes up to front of the truck somewhere. Does it to a cooler of some sort?

Here a pic of my truck when i first got it. Is the cooler in front of the core support? I havent had my truck apart in along time. I cant remember whats up there

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Google Chevy , your year power steering cooler you'll find a pic. And no you don't have a cooler. Always start with " make model year, and eng or trans if those are also involved. They all look the same but inside there a lot different . If you look under the left front frame horn opening , you probably see the return line doing circles inside then going to pump.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I too just installed a borgeson gearbox. Best move ever! As for o-rings, mine had viton, and they were in good shape, so I reused them. While I wouldn't have thought viton was necessary, it is a fairly high pressure line that does see heat cycles, maybe viton or an o-ring better than the parts store run-of-the-mill is needed?