power slider... been done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love power sliding rear glass. Its not that I cant reach, but it just seems MUCH safer to push a button than to try and turn around and open it while going down the road. Has anyone done this? Do they make a kit? Will factory power sliders work from any other models? I have a 97 ext cab.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know anything personally about them, but yes they are out there. look up C.R. Laurence company........they make them. Just do a Google search on power slider windows.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol..... I just clicked search when my email notification of your post came through. Id really like to know what is working best as far as leaking and dependability

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having a professional window man install the glass, I installed the motor/electronics on a CR Laurence power slider in a NNBS. You have to find a place to locate the motor on the back wall, route the motor cables, and wires for the switch. It worked well and the customer never came back for leaks, or problems. It seemed like quality stuff, but I've never owned one myself.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Sully...........since you have a '97 and I have a '98 I think it would be good for you to do, so I can see the results!!!! :D