Potential design issue with my RC 4" & 6" lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgia Mike

Reaction score
Got a '99 Suburban (OBS) and have the RC 4" lift kit installed. I noticed a loud pop when backing out of my driveway the other day. After going back over everything, I noticed the upper control arm cam bolt washers are a very loose fit between the welded tabs that are meant to control their location. As is I think it's going to be pretty much impossible to hold castor & camber alignment because there's roughly a 1/8"-3/16" gap when there should be no gap at all. Has anyone else run into this problem? I sent an email to Rough country this morning to see what their take is on it, but I wanted to have a look out here to see if anyone else has had this issue?

For the record, I usually do all my own work, but I decided to give myself a birthday present and have the kit installed at a local shop so I didn't see the issue until well after the work was completed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Georgia Mike

Reaction score
I don't think it will be on the shop's shoulders even though I think they should've noticed it as a potential issue and should've let me know about it. I bought the kit 5 months ago on eBay and put it on the shelf in my garage while I saved up the money for wheels & tires. Once I bought those, it was at that point I decided to let someone else do the work. I wanted to be able to just drop off the keys and come back when it was done with no issues, but since I dropped it off it's been nothing but a headache. A lot of issues I feel were their fault, but this is a design issue that I think RC needs to address.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
that is a rough country issue to adress, they might have upgraded cam washers to fit their older lifts, I doubt this is the first time this issue has happened to them.

Georgia Mike

Reaction score
I have yet to hear anything back from them. As far as I know, yes, those should be the factory cam bolts & eccentric washers.