Possible auto down power window idea- need additional info please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most newer vehicles have auto down on both front windows now. I used to have a 2005 mustang and I loved that both windows were auto down and up, but i understand that auto up is out of the realm of possibility. For the 95+ interior the driver side window only has auto down.

Does anyone know what controls the auto down function? Is it in the window switch/button in the door or is it the window regulator/motor that controls it?

If it is the switch I'm thinking of possibly getting another driver switch from the junk yard and cannibalizing it to use this function on the passenger side as well as the driver side.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other far simpler option is to use a Directed Electronics(Viper) 530T power window module. This is the module that is used to roll up windows with an alarm system . It also provides one touch operation in either direction. I have installed several as stand alone parts not connected to an alarm.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Thank you. I have a hook up at one of my local junk yards so I was hoping to do this mod for free-cheap with used parts.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it's controlled on the circuit board that the switch it's on. I think the switches themselves are identical

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score