popping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onelozu

Reaction score
my truck(96 sierra,350) has a miss and it pops at 1500 rpms but only with a load,like wont do it in nuetral,but riding at 1500 it does it,like its backfiring but i dont know,it has fresh plugs,wires,cap,and rotor,guy i got it from changed the fuel pump but i dont know if it was a new one or not,i just got it about 2 weeks ago and never really noticed it until now,i did turn the distributor when i did the cap and rotor because someone never tightened it,it is throwing an o2 sensor code and a miss code

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Random misfire.
The distributor must be adjusted via techII scan tool.
You might want to pull the distributor before and check the drive gear to make sure the teeth are in good condition before though.

onelozu

Reaction score
whats a techII scan tool? lol this is my first american truck lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, what he mean's is that you need a OBD2 scanner that does the enhanced live data, you are looking for the cam retard offset it need's to be + or - 2 degree's before top dead center or 0 degree's.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's probably worth your time to just take it to a shop and have them readjust the computer timing. Most shops should only charge about a half hour or an hour. The scan tools that will do the live data mode are $$$.

onelozu

Reaction score
okay,thanks,ill get that checked and let you guys know what happens