Please help me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
What I'm seeing, is it was originally a diesel extended cab work pick up (explaining the grill, and diesel) that was converted cost effectively (that's why they kept the grill, or he just liked the grill) and to make the bed fit on there it had to be cut and shortened.

That's just my opinion, like I said there's lots of members here that know a lot more than me.. Maybe they'll know and shed more light on this...

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so now I know I am not crazy. Here is a picture of another one that is there; these are an import from somewhere in South America to the Middle East and Africa. The guy doesn't know from where; but it's still pretty cool. This one looks to be a Silverado version of what I saw.
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh yeah; this isn't a conversion and was manufactured by Chevrolet in South America. Maybe Chile? There are some in Brazil as well but apparently are not built there.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That definatly looks to be a conversion of some kind. The box is definatly cut back and fuel tank relocated to some place else!

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a conversion. The gas filler is on the other side between the taillight and wheelwell; I assume the tank is in the back. They are in South Africa; I stood right beside one (earlier in the post). They are an import from South America from Chevrolet dealer directly; the guy is checking for me as to where (from the importer.)

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like your describing a OBS avalanch

No, but check this out- this is a Brazilian conversion.

Cool, hey?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ok so now I know I am not crazy. Here is a picture of another one that is there; these are an import from somewhere in South America to the Middle East and Africa. The guy doesn't know from where; but it's still pretty cool. This one looks to be a Silverado version of what I saw.

Oh yeah; this isn't a conversion and was manufactured by Chevrolet in South America. Maybe Chile? There are some in Brazil as well but apparently are not built there.

Well that is certainly different.

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i was buying a fuel pump and gas tank straps for my 93 they asked what tank it was the 24 36 or some other size and they said the other size was inbetween the ralis in the rear of the frame when my spare tire carrier is...Must be this is the truck that has that gas tank..Especially with the spare being in the bed and him moving and it still standing.its mounted