Pinion Angle And Horrible Wheel Hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotA350

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Whichever way it takes to get to this. ^^^
I'd say the majority of your wheel hop prob is those lowering springs. Too s-o-f-t.
More-n-likely throwing the pinion angle off, too.
How many leafs in the pack? Is there an 'overload' spring in there?
If you need to add a wedge, you will need some leaf spring center bolts with extended heads.
Because...the head of the bolt has to be able to reach through the wedge & into the perch's centering hole.
IIRC B/T sells 'em. The other drop kit co.'s may too.
Or, you can make your own. GM lists regular head size center bolts in 4 lengths for cheap.
C1500's use the shortest. Get the next longest. Crank a nut to the head with some red loctite. Grind off the shoulders of the nut down to the bolt's head size.
You'll need new U-bolts. They're torque-to-yield. One time usage.
I didn't have to get my driveshaft shortened on a 2/4 drop.
Even if that had to be done, it would only of been one more addition to the list of B.S. I had to go through, not only with the install but with getting it all to work properly. (Along with everyone has that's ever done a 2/4!)
It's a lotta work for..."Damn. Not enough. Close, but no cigar."
That was the first thought as soon as it was off of the hoist, and every time after when doing 'the look-back'.
The 4/7 on my '98 was less hassle, looks 'right', and still has more ground clearance than a stock Civic.
Save your front hangars. You'll need them for when you go 4/6. Like 90% of every other 400 owner that first went 2/4.
I'll never do another.
It has 5 leafs 2 full size and 3 little “slices” that sit on the top and finally

Whichever way it takes to get to this. ^^^
I'd say the majority of your wheel hop prob is those lowering springs. Too s-o-f-t.
More-n-likely throwing the pinion angle off, too.
How many leafs in the pack? Is there an 'overload' spring in there?
If you need to add a wedge, you will need some leaf spring center bolts with extended heads.
Because...the head of the bolt has to be able to reach through the wedge & into the perch's centering hole.
IIRC B/T sells 'em. The other drop kit co.'s may too.
Or, you can make your own. GM lists regular head size center bolts in 4 lengths for cheap.
C1500's use the shortest. Get the next longest. Crank a nut to the head with some red loctite. Grind off the shoulders of the nut down to the bolt's head size.
You'll need new U-bolts. They're torque-to-yield. One time usage.
I didn't have to get my driveshaft shortened on a 2/4 drop.
Even if that had to be done, it would only of been one more addition to the list of B.S. I had to go through, not only with the install but with getting it all to work properly. (Along with everyone has that's ever done a 2/4!)
It's a lotta work for..."Damn. Not enough. Close, but no cigar."
That was the first thought as soon as it was off of the hoist, and every time after when doing 'the look-back'.
The 4/7 on my '98 was less hassle, looks 'right', and still has more ground clearance than a stock Civic.
Save your front hangars. You'll need them for when you go 4/6. Like 90% of every other 400 owner that first went 2/4.
I'll never do another.
Its 5 leafs in total it has two half leafs and two complete leafs and finally one overload.
I paired it with a 1” lowering shackle which throws me at a 3/5 and the pinion angle is completely straight.
I find it really weird as to what could be causing this issue besides the shocks but if it did burnouts extremely well before I don’t see why it wouldn’t do them anymore
I was looking at flip kits but I wanna see if I can make my current setup work before I do a flip.
I have so far made a list of faults
- Bad U Bolts
- Bad Diff
- Shocks
- Loose bolts either on the hangers, shackles or the centering bolt on the leafs.