Pics of SS style fog lights using KC 3x5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe 88GMCTruck has the KC angled lights...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are those the fog lenses or the driving ones? Do the TYC's use the OEM style mounts?
Likin' the plastic lenses! I'm so close to removing mine & installing the non-fog valance! Replacing those lights even at $25.00 a shot for a pair is getting expensive!!!

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those the fog lenses or the driving ones? Do the TYC's use the OEM style mounts?
Likin' the plastic lenses! I'm so close to removing mine & installing the non-fog valance! Replacing those lights even at $25.00 a shot for a pair is getting expensive!!!

Fog lenses and yeah they're the oe style mount.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

1 ping, 2 ping...

Three!

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score

You are right! I dug around the net and came up with this:

I saved it to my computer so I could zoom in and I can see they're the ones I want. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wanting to do this as well. Can anyone show me how you spliced the foglight wires into where ever? I am totally ignant when it comes to electrical and wiring...

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wanting to do this as well. Can anyone show me how you spliced the foglight wires into where ever? I am totally ignant when it comes to electrical and wiring...

I'll post pics of how I did mine tonight... They're in my build thread too (link in my sig) last page.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

You are right! I dug around the net and came up with this:

I saved it to my computer so I could zoom in and I can see they're the ones I want. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

:lol: I was wondering if anyone would catch that I had them.

Originally I had the OEM foglights (genuine GM ones) and I can tell you the glass is thin on them. Went through a few of them. I switched to the KC set and they are considerably thicker, have a better light output and the angle looks good with our trucks. I'm actually using the GM housing and brackets with just the light itself as it was 99% the same size as the OEM ones.

FWIW I went through at least 7 of the OEM lenses. I've only had 2 of the KC ones break - one was by a rock and the other *I* smashed into a stump (ooops).

Some more pictures...

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Mine are wired to come on with the low beams. Control wire for the relay is spliced into the low beam wire where it is tied up along the RH fender in a wire loom. I took out all the original headlight wiring after that point and ran new 14 ga wire. Ground goes directly to the battery for the headlights and the fogs are grounded to the radiator support. I ran the control wire through the firewall and the door sill to my power block I added under the seat. It turns a relay on that powers both the low beams and the fog lights. The high beams are still original wiring.

You don't have to make it that complicated though. Could be done as simple as just a toggle switch with fused power to the battery and a ground somewhere.