Pics of single din flip up touch screen stereos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was hoping to find some folks on here that have installed a single din touch screen stereo in the 96+ style dash. I'm interested to know whether a flip down screen works better than a flip up. It seems as the the screen will not be able to get vertical without running into the overhang above it on the dash but I don't know. Any pics and info would be awesome!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of the flip out ones that go up have a setting that lets you move the screen in and out to get it away from the dash. I had one in a 01 chevy truck a couple of years ago.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have had one too but I just wanted to see how they actually looked when they installed. It seems like what I remember about the adjustment would leave it at like a 70 degree angle or so

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep in mind, there's almost always more than one position to mount your H/U in if you get a decent mounting kit and have the cage to go with it. You can pull the head unit out an extra inch or so without it looking weird, that would give you some more clearance. I think it should work fine. I'm not a fan of flip-outs personally, though.