Paycheck again at 71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
What's the point of degreeing the camshaft when the timing gear's not adjustable? Also, I need to find those pants.

I love bad parking notes. I take pictures of them, when I see them.
I work in a building that has 10,000 employees. There used to be a Facebook page dedicated to shaming the people who failed at parking there. It doesn't help that the parking lot has unnecessarily tiny parking spots, and bros like to drive their duallys and park stupidly.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I work in a building that has 10,000 employees. There used to be a Facebook page dedicated to shaming the people who failed at parking there. It doesn't help that the parking lot has unnecessarily tiny parking spots, and bros like to drive their duallys and park stupidly.
I say, why shame 'em when you can tow 'em? :Big Laugh:

At a previous job, one of our contracts was with a company that would call us to tow their employees if they parked badly. Usually this was reserved for real violations such as fire lanes, handicap spaces, blocking others, things like that. It was a big oilfield industry related company with a large complex and they didn't want to bother with trying to figure out whose vehicle it was and contact them to move it.. they just wanted it moved, ASAP.

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the 70s when I was working at an electronics manufacturing company for High School Work/Study program, we all had to park on the streets that had 2 hour zones in Milwaukee. Whenever some one noticed that the parking police drove by with their chalk sticks, they would get on the PA and announce "Mark Carter please call the operator", Get it? "Marked Car Tire" - Everyone would run outside and pull forward and back until the chalk mark was gone :waytogo:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the 70s when I was working at an electronics manufacturing company for High School Work/Study program, we all had to park on the streets that had 2 hour zones in Milwaukee. Whenever some one noticed that the parking police drove by with their chalk sticks, they would get on the PA and announce "Mark Carter please call the operator", Get it? "Marked Car Tire" - Everyone would run outside and pull forward and back until the chalk mark was gone :waytogo:

I bet Mark Carter was angry all the time.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@thinger2, I ran shops the way the boss said to do it, my first three shops. Till I figured out how to do it my way, which was training customers, actually caring for the techs, never taking on a job that I would not do myself, never letting customers try to bully, firing a customer if needed and telling the owner that if my way did not make the shop money.....fire me. Until the economy took a dump around 2008, I was very successful. If I got stale, I moved on. I always worked for mom and pop shops and told them what I would work for and let me go if I did not pay for myself. After 2008 and laid off, the owner took my job. I did lots of work at home and was on unemployment for over 2 years because the advisor jobs wanted youngsters that would work for peanuts. Then my wife died in 2011. I found a position as a self storage manager and free rent and free utilities. It allowed me to drink as much as I wanted and not worry. This went on for 11 years. Then I stopped drinking and retired. The way the shops are ran now, seems like I am old enough that I don't have the drive to make them better/different. People are desperate to get cars/trucks in because the shops are so busy and not enough techs. I am reaping the spoils. The right fit has to hit me or I will not go back. Has to be a cash position.
Yes sir. That is it exactly.
Most of the folks I used to work with stayed within the corporate world and climbed the ladder.
They have multi million dollar houses and Rolex watches and they sold their soul to get that.
These guys cant say no to anyone and they have no way out.
Mid to upper level construction management just means that you are controlled by the CEO and the CFO and your only function is to drive shareholder return on investment.
By the time you get to that point you will not have actually built anything in decades.
These guys are so far out of touch with the industry that they used to know.
Twenty years ago I would take a "sherpa" with me to a job site.
Usaully some random pumpkin from engineering whos job was to carry all of the drawings and hold the dumb end of a tape measure while I tried to keep him from falling off of the damn place or walking all slack jawed out the door under the masons scaffolding and having a block drop on his head.
These days the corporate managers take an IT guy with them because they cant use a laptop or a tablet.
And neither of them have the job sense to not walk out under the masons scaffolding and get bricked.
Construction has changed a lot in the last twenty years.
But gravity hasnt.
You would think these guys had plenty of time on the job to figure that out.