Paint code help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say silver is the lower color black is the top,on the other hand if it was a special order truck it would be all silver and black from the body moulding down

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kind of off topic but this made me remember something about my Suburban. It has three exterior paint codes and I couldn't figure out what the third one was for a long time. Finally when I took it into a body shop to get an estimate for some sheet metal work and a full paintjob ($6300, not happening right this second) they told me. There's actually a tiny pinstripe between the top division in the colors, slightly darker silver than the center of the body. This may be common knowledge to everyone else but my family has owned the truck since it was new and to be honest I never noticed it until the shop told me about that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! Sure I'll look, unfortunately it's in storage across town right now and my code list is printed off in the glovebox. I'll be sure and write them down next time I'm over there, though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pulled the 'burb out of storage today while the truck is in the body shop. Paint RPO codes are as follows...

41U Exterior Color, Primary, Black
51A Stripe, Color Accent, Two Tone, Gray/Silver
96L Exterior Color, Secondary, Silver Metallic

Probably a silly question but I'm not sure what those longer codes you posted are, are those located somewhere else? Plate on the body somewhere?