p0785

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced 1-2 and 2-3 snoids with ac delco parts. Cleared out p0785 code. Start engine,put in OD,1st gear works,2nd,3rd,OD worked. Stop sign,starts off in 3rd,manually to 1st it will start off in 2nd,shifts hard to 3rd,no OD.No down shifting as in a passing gear. Turn off,restart,1st good at initial go but then repeats the aforementioned. The p0785 also returned. I've seen the wiring harness for switches mentioned,the computer,wiring between computer and trans and some resetting VSS voodoo. I saw that the 3rd gear deal is the limp home mode. After it's turned off and restarted and 1st gear works briefly it makes wonder about the computer. I'm gonna go look at the wiring from firewall down to the beast. Might get lucky and find a naked woman...I mean wire that's doing something.Time to take to a shop with a real scanner that can probably pinpoint it? Already gettin' bald,don't need to keep scratchin' this head. Cigarette butts are gettin' thick at the corner of the driveway. Thanks for your time.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i really hope you get it fixed, cuz i had a truck do that to me once. i rebuilt it and it done the same, replaced all solenoids even the TCC, even replaced the computer and the prom, no change. but the TCC solenoid may be your problem i dont know, i ended up giving up and selling it.

Last edited:

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking it to my friends shop this morning,thanks for the replies. My Ford work van took a big dump a couple of weeks ago,my truck is my back up so I gotta get it going, And I've gotta find another van quick. Brr ,Nebraska. Put another log on the fire while you're up. See y'all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chapdog97