overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for a red one to put in my 97 rclb k3500

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Any overhead console can be re-covered in the material & color of your choice. I posted a how-to somewhere on the forum, quite a while ago, but I can't find it, right now. 'sixspeedss' has a tan one for sale. If you pick that up, PM me, & I can walk you through the re-covery process.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The corners are the only tricky part of recovering I gotta a couple wrinkles when I did mine but pretty easy

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Any overhead console can be re-covered in the material & color of your choice. I posted a how-to somewhere on the forum, quite a while ago, but I can't find it, right now. 'sixspeedss' has a tan one for sale. If you pick that up, PM me, & I can walk you through the re-covery process.

if you can find it send me the link and Ill stick it. I prob could've used it the other day

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I will keep an eye out for one when I'm out in the yards. I can get grey, dark grey, and, tan all day long in pretty much any style from the long ones to the shortys.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
"if you can find it send me the link and Ill stick it. I prob could've used it the other day"

I think that I posted that like 7-8 months ago. Can't remember or find the thread that that was in.

I've got a wrecking yard fairly close that has a 1/2 doz. or so O/H/ consoles. Mostly the long ones. Some with the HVAC controls. IIRC one or two had the 'homelink' stuff. If someone wants one, let me know what you want, & I'll re-cover it in the color/fabric of your choice, so that I can takes some pix, with a description of how to recover, and I'll post it up. Cost ya the price of the console & the ride.
This will just be for one, & one only. After that, if you want one recovered, the instructions are here.
I'll garantee that you'll have no wrinkles with this info.

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
if you find one with the ac controls.... i got several blank panels for that style overhead console that ill sell. i got both black and the black/silverish.
and when recovering you really just gotta pick the right material. some material does not wanna stretch. but some will stretch and works best!
best tip i can say is put it in the drier to get the material hot which ive heard helps stretch it better than cool.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
when recovering you really just gotta pick the right material. some material does not wanna stretch. but some will stretch and works best!
best tip i can say is put it in the drier to get the material hot which ive heard helps stretch it better than cool.

Heating of the material is one of the main 'tricks' when re-covering these. You can also use a heat gun/paint stripper for heating the corners as you cover it. Use the heat gun in one hand, moving it in circles, while touching the material right behind where it was just heated. If it gets too hot to touch, it's too hot. Let it cool a bit before tugging on the material, other wise, any wrinkles will be permanent