overhead console wireing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im wondering if someone could help me quick. im putting a overhead console in my ext cab and while i was at the yard i forgot to grab the harness and i dont remember what it looked like but i have 2 orange wires and a black wire so what im wondering is would i just splice the 2 oranges into the orange for my dome light and ground it if its black?

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep. pretty sure the back wire is the switched wire (like the negative is an open circuit unless door is opened or dome light switch is on.) Ground the console wire to the body

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 black wires and 1 orange. What do I do !!! At least it looks like 2 black wires when I looked with a flashlite last nite.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could I still wire it to the dome lite ! Not too good at electrical at all !!The thick black wire to ground--Orange wire to positive ----other black wire to _____ ! HELP !I have not looked to see what wiring is in behind the dome lite. So I dont know what to expect !! I looked around all over and I couldn't find 1 good pic of the dome lite wiring in these trucks !

Last edited: