"Oreo", the gift that keeps on giving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
My lastest ride, I'm calling "oreo", because it's black and white. As I've been driving this, I am noticing new problems with it.

Tonight I was driving someone to work, and on my way home, the headlights shut off! I figured I drove over a bump and knocked the connection loose, so I pull over to check them and they came back on with out me touching anything. They did it two more times on the way home.

Another electrical gremlin that I noticed as I pulled I to my driveway, I could not select 4HI or 4LO. And I don't mean as in the transfer case not engaging, but I'd push 4HI and I didn't see it select it or nor did I hear the transfer case engage. Not even 2HI was illuminated on the control panel.

After messing with the controls for a few minutes, I finally got it to engage and got up my driveway.
You must be registered for see images attach

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I'm thinking with the headlight problem, it could be the switch as I found, what could be the original, in the back seat.