Opinions on Raybestos "service grade" upper ball joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Anyone here, have any experience with them? I just ordered a pair on Amazon for a lower than normal low price....... less than half what Rockauto charges for the same part.

I've got a knock in the front end, and I'm assuming it's one of my uppers. I figured for the price, I could do it again, if need be.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
It's a little late now but the Pro Grade are much better,it's what I have on my Burb.We sell both where I work and sell much more of the Pro Grade than what we call the ''economy'' grade,prolly 80% to 20% split.Our customers are auto repair shops,tire shops,and most new car dealers in the area.

I had a knock also and would make that sound when turning,chased it for a couple of years,finally found it.Evidently one of the bolts/nuts that attached to part of the suspension lift wasn't tight enough,found it one day while going one by one tightening all those big bolts.So the moral of the story is check all those suspension bolts.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It's a little late now but the Pro Grade are much better,it's what I have on my Burb.We sell both where I work and sell much more of the Pro Grade than what we call the ''economy'' grade,prolly 80% to 20% split.Our customers are auto repair shops,tire shops,and most new car dealers in the area.

I would have had to spend several times what I did, to get the pro-grade. Normally, I would buy the best.

You have dealers buying parts? I would have thought they would use mostly OEM.

I had a knock also and would make that sound when turning,chased it for a couple of years,finally found it.Evidently one of the bolts/nuts that attached to part of the suspension lift wasn't tight enough,found it one day while going one by one tightening all those big bolts.So the moral of the story is check all those suspension bolts.

I don't have a lift, but I'll take a look when I get to doing the doing.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Yes,most of the dealers use these parts,Raybestos(Pro Grade,blue box)parts are very good & very strong.If they don't have an OEM part in stock they use Raybestos Pro Grade.We sell some Moog parts but most repair shops use the Pro Grade Raybestos(we just call them Spicers)

BTW,Raybestos is owned by Spicer.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yes,most of the dealers use these parts,Raybestos(Pro Grade,blue box)parts are very good & very strong.If they don't have an OEM part in stock they use Raybestos Pro Grade.We sell some Moog parts but most repair shops use the Pro Grade Raybestos(we just call them Spicers)

BTW,Raybestos is owned by Spicer.

It's owned by the Affinia Group: http://www.affiniagroup.com/about-us/brands

Spicer is still part of DANA: http://www.dana.com/wps/wcm/connect/dext2/dana/markets/aftermarket/spicer