Oil Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the oil pressure sensor is on my 90 GMC Sierra with 5.7l? I was told it was on the engine block back by the distributor but I'll be damned if I can find it. Is it located on the driver's side or passenger side? I have tried doing a search of these forums but I can't seem to find anything on this. Thanks for any help.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I still can't find it. I looked for about 30 mins and I just can not find it. The only thing I could find that resembled the sensor was on the top front of the engine next to the thermostat. I just can't find it. If looking at the passenger side where is the sensor located in relation to the distributor and the coolant hose? Is it right under the distributor? Do I need to remove the dist to find it? I do all of my work on my truck but this has me stumped. I haven't had any luck using the search function in these forums. Just doesn't work. I am getting extremely frustrated. Thanks for any help.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you look at the engine it is to the drivers side about 4-6 inches from the distributor. It comes out of the block with a 90 degree fitting and the oil pressure sensor screws into the 90 degree fitting. Also, I don't recall exactly how it goes as it has been quite some time but the early GMT400's had an oil sensor or switch that is by the oil filter.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I still can't find it. I looked for about 30 mins and I just can not find it. The only thing I could find that resembled the sensor was on the top front of the engine next to the thermostat. I just can't find it. If looking at the passenger side where is the sensor located in relation to the distributor and the coolant hose? Is it right under the distributor? Do I need to remove the dist to find it? I do all of my work on my truck but this has me stumped. I haven't had any luck using the search function in these forums. Just doesn't work. I am getting extremely frustrated. Thanks for any help.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk